Traveling with your kids can be daunting because children love to be active. And you have to admit that hotels are not as fun as a huge playpen. You can stop worrying because the following 3 tips can help you travel with your kids.
1. Location, Location, Location
The best thing that you can do is call the hotel that you are considering to find out what kind of kid-friendly attractions are around your hotel. You can find some information online, but chances are that the hotel room attendants know the area better. You may get lucky and find a circus, carnival, or haunted house attraction near your hotel room.
You should also make sure there are restaurants that your children might enjoy. And, remember to ask which restaurants will deliver to your room. Your children will love having the food they ordered come straight to their room. Do not forget the dessert; a little sugar should be ok.
2. Find Out What Fun Things Are On Site
You should ask your hotel attendant about any kid-friendly entertainment they have on the hotel grounds. Sure, you already know that they have cable with programming that is good for children. But some hotels carry DVD or Blu-ray players. You can bring your children's favorite movies along with you. You can also ask if the hotel television has wi-fi capabilities so that you can stream anything you want to watch.
A kid-friendly hotel may also offer some of the following:
- Board games
- You can also make up games. Try the elevator game if your hotel has an elevator. Have one of your children stay on a random floor (adult supervised) and your other child could try to figure out what floor that is by choosing a floor in the elevator. You only win if you guess what floor that is, then just trade places.
3. How to Get Your Child to Sleep While Traveling
Some children have a hard time falling asleep, especially when traveling. Staying in a hotel means that you are staying with other guests, so making sure your children fall asleep at a reasonable time is important. The following are a few ways that you can help your children go to sleep peacefully:
- Let them play until they tire themselves out.
- A warm bath before going to sleep helps the brain create melatonin. Melatonin is a sleep hormone that makes you feel sleepy. The bath should be taken 60 to 90 minutes before your children's actual bedtime.
- Set the temperature in your hotel room anywhere between 60 to 67 degrees. Those temperatures help your body sleep soundly and quickly.
As you can see, traveling with your kids is all about being prepared. That should ensure that you and your children have a great time while you stay at a hotel (such as Hampton Inn Suites).